Tuesday 17 April 2007

Open for business

All quiet on the blog recently as we have been busy getting the new St Thomas library open for business.

The library opened to the public for the first time on Friday evening for a preview event and it was packed. Loads of local people, tonnes of kids and all the local dignitaries turned up. Balloons were given away, crisps were eaten, and some people even borrowed books!

Staff were resplendant in their purple polo shirts, and the library bug even turned up. The library opened properly on Saturday morning with a jazz band parade - which you can read about here

I will be badgering my colleagues for some photos...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've just visited the new library at Killay. Wow - what a change to the old library. Great colours, comfy sofas, new technology and loads of new books and DVDs. I was like a kid in a sweet shop but without the sweets and the age difference! If you get a chance I'd recommend you take a look as soon as possible and before I've snaffled all the best books on the shelves. Well done to everyone involved and good luck for the future.

Swansea Libraries said...

Thanks for your interest. Killay is fabulous too - we opened that a year ago.

You should definitely go up to St Thomas too, I'll be publishing some pictures later.

Paige