Thursday 7 December 2006

Swansea Big Read - winner

Well, the winner was announced last night at a big bash at the Dylan Thomas Centre, attended by so many cultural luminaries that I literally couldn't even begin to list them all!

The prize went to Catrin Collier for her novel Swansea Girls, and I have to say it couldn't have happened to a nicer lady. I have actually read Swansea Girls and must say I quite enjoyed it, although the desciption of the Pier Ballroom of the 50's bore little resemblance to the Cinderella's of my youth.....

Reading of the night has been unanimoulsy recognised as "Harry and the bucketful of dinosaurs" read by a leading light of the Swansea cultural scene with nary a slip of the tongue, even though there's hard dinosaur names and everything!!

Music and dancing went on late into the night, so there may well be some sore heads in library land this morning.

No comments: